Informix connection issue
Vishal Batta
2023-06-12 17:05:43 UTC
i have installed informix sdk client

please help me in connecting with the informix database.

Its very urgent !!!!
Jonathan Leffler
2023-06-13 04:35:19 UTC
Post by Vishal Batta
i have installed informix sdk client
Which version of Informix CSDK and on which platform?
Post by Vishal Batta
please help me in connecting with the informix database.
Where is the database running? (Which machine? Which port is it listening on?)
Which API are you using to connect to the server (ESQL/C, ODBC, JDBC, something else)?
Have you set the correct environment variables?
Have you read the manuals or searched on the IBM (https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/informix-servers/14.10) or HCL (https://informix.hcldoc.com/14.10//help/index.jsp) web sites?
Post by Vishal Batta
Its very urgent !!!!
That is not a good way to ask questions on the Internet. It may be legitimate if you're contacting your paid technical support supplier, but even then, it's not the best policy.
Art S. Kagel
2023-06-13 10:01:02 UTC
Post by Vishal Batta
i have installed informix sdk client
please help me in connecting with the informix database.
Its very urgent !!!!
Vishal:

This is an old forum that few monitor these days. I only saw this because it happened to generate a summary email to me which is rare. It would be best to post to the IIUG (International Informix Users Groupt) Forum on the IBM Community site:

https://www.iiug.org/community

There you will find help from Informix experts like myself and Jonathan as well as Informix developers and support folk. Please repost there with the additional details that Jonathan asked for and we will try to help.

Art