Cannot connect linux client to informix server
w***@gmail.com
2016-07-27 13:00:50 UTC
I'm trying to get a linux pc to connect to an informix server. The server is running 2.81.uc2 and I've tried the following version of the sdk driver.

Version 3.70.FC8DE - SDK linux driver 64 bit
Version 4.10.FC6DE - SDK linux driver 64 bit
Version 4.10.UC6DE - SDK linux driver 32 bit - after this failed as well I went back to the 64 bit.

All of these produce the same error below from isql -v ecspro

[S1000][unixODBC][Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Database not found or no system permission. sqlerrm(systables)
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnecct

If I run the dbaccess program and try and connect to the database it looks like it connects, if I use the wrong username or password I get "951: Incorrect password or user ddd is not known on the database server." but the correct login/password nets me a connected at the bottom of the screen.

When I attempt to select a database I get:

329: Database not found or no system permission.
2: No such file or directory

Here are the relevant files, I think.

sqlhosts:
dataline_725 sesoctcp 10.1.2.1 20000

odbcinst.ini:
[ODBC Drivers]
IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER=Installed
[IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER]
Driver=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/iclit09b.so
Setup=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/iclit09b.so
APILevel=1
ConnectFunctions=YYY
DriverODBCVer=03.51
FileUsage=0
SQLLevel=1
smProcessPerConnect=Y

odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
ecspro=IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER
admbs=IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER
;
; Define ODBC Database Driver's Below - Driver Configuration Section
;
[ecspro]
Driver=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/iclit09b.so
Description=GV-PT Database
Database=ecspro
LogonID=fakeid
pwd=fakepassword
Servername=dataline_725
[admbs]
Driver=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/iclis09b.so
Description=Beth Database
Database=admbs
LogonID=fakeid
pwd=fakepassword
Servername=dataline_725

CursorBehavior=0
;CLIENT_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
CLIENT_LOCALE=en_CS.CP1252
DB_LOCALE=en_US.CP152
;TRANSLATIONDLL=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so

;
; UNICODE connection Section
;
[ODBC]
;uncomment the below line for UNICODE connection
;UNICODE=UCS-4
;
; Trace file Section
;
Trace=0
TraceFile=/opt/IBM/tmp/odbctrace.out
InstallDir=/opt/IBM/informix
TRACEDLL=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/idmrs09a.so

Here are the environmental variables if have set

ODBCINST=/opt/IBM/informix/etc/odbcinst.ini
INFORMIXDIR=/opt/IBM/informix
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/:/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli:/opt/IBM/informix/lib/esql
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/IBM/informix/bin
INFORMIXSERVER=dataline_725
ODBCINI=/opt/IBM/informix/etc/odbc.ini
INFORMIXSQLHOSTS=/opt/IBM/informix/etc/sqlhosts

Most tutorials I've seen on installing informix drivers use just /opt/informix but the installer defaults to /opt/IBM/informix which is what I used.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, not in the here is my first born type of appreciation but appreciated none the less.

If you reply and I don't respond right away it's probably because I've managed to make reality go away for a while by judicial application of force from my skull to the nearest concrete wall.
s***@kpnmail.nl
2016-08-11 14:01:41 UTC
You are using informix SE so:

before you start the sqlexecd daemon set DBPATH to the path where your database resides. That is where the <database>.dbs directory resides.
example if stores7.dbs is in
/data/
then
export DBPATH=/data/

if you have more directorys like /data/ separate them with a :
ex
export DBPATH=/data/:/data1/

Hope it helps

Superboer