AW: Which dbspace does a database occupy [39986]
Habichtsberg, Reinhard
2017-10-12 11:37:12 UTC
Dbaccess dialog

dbaccess - Database - Select - Info - Dbspace

Shows the dbspace where the database initially was created. Tables are created there if not specified otherwise.

HTH
Reinhard

2017-10-12 13:36:05 UTC
Larry,

One of my sysmaster queries does this.  See below, it will tell the defaut dbspace, owner and logging mode of all your databases.

Webcast Replay - Using the Sysmaster database to perform an Informix Server Heath Check,by Lester Knutsen.

Regards - Lester

-- Module: @(#)database_list.sql    2.5     Date: 2013/04/10
-- Author: Lester Knutsen  Email: ***@advancedatatools.com
--         Advanced DataTools Corporation
-- Discription:    Displays database list,owner and logging status
--    Tested with Informix 11.70 and Informix 12.10

database sysmaster;

select
        dbinfo("DBSPACE",partnum) dbspace,
        name database,
        owner,
        is_logging,
        is_buff_log
from sysdatabases
order by dbspace, name;
Post by Habichtsberg, Reinhard
Dbaccess dialog
dbaccess - Database - Select - Info - Dbspace
Shows the dbspace where the database initially was created. Tables are created there if not specified otherwise.
HTH
Reinhard
I have several dbspaces and databases. How can I tell which dbspace a particular database is in?
Thank you.
Larry sorensen
Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-256-0267 x102
Visit our Web page: http://www.advancedatatools.com