Does anyone have a simple HPL onpladm example?
j***@gmail.com
2016-06-29 20:28:32 UTC
I'm looking for an onpladm example to create an unload of a table with SQL where clause. I almost had it with...

Then...

onpladm describe query <map> -F <file>

Then edit the file and change the SELECTSTATEMENT.

Then...

onpladm modify object -F <file>

But then I get an error when executing onpload...

onpload -m <map> -d /data1/tmp/unload_file -fup

I just want to unload part of a table, it is a very large table, so need to use HPL.

Thanks,
James
John Carlson
2016-07-01 00:37:16 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
I'm looking for an onpladm example to create an unload of a table with SQL where clause. I almost had it with...
Then...
onpladm describe query <map> -F <file>
Then edit the file and change the SELECTSTATEMENT.
Then...
onpladm modify object -F <file>
But then I get an error when executing onpload...
onpload -m <map> -d /data1/tmp/unload_file -fup
I just want to unload part of a table, it is a very large table, so need to use HPL.
Thanks,
James
Not sure if this would help . . .

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/zones/informix/library/techarticle/0307carlson/0307carlson.html

JWC
Daniel Casique
2016-07-01 16:29:42 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
I'm looking for an onpladm example to create an unload of a table with SQL where clause. I almost had it with...
Then...
onpladm describe query <map> -F <file>
Then edit the file and change the SELECTSTATEMENT.
Then...
onpladm modify object -F <file>
But then I get an error when executing onpload...
onpload -m <map> -d /data1/tmp/unload_file -fup
I just want to unload part of a table, it is a very large table, so need to use HPL.
Thanks,
James
I did this by using a filter. In fact, I performed this steps:

- Create a HPL project:
onpladm create project projectName

- Create a HPL job:
onpladm create job jobName -p jobProject -D databaseName -t tableName -d "/respaldo/hpl/outputFileName.unl"

- Create a filter, first I create a file named filterFile.f with this template:

BEGIN OBJECT FILTER filterName
PROJECT "projectName"
FORMAT "tableName"
BEGIN SEQUENCE
FIELDNAME "columnName"
STATUS "K"
MATCH Sentence
END SEQUENCE
END OBJECT

Example of line of "MATCH Sentence", replace Sentence for " > 260", It means that it unload the rows whose columnName are greater than 260

Then you have to create the filter:
onpladm create object -F filterFile.f

- Execute the job:
onpload -p projetName -j jobName -fl -F filterName -l "pathLog"

pathlog = file for saving the results of onpload execution