Next Webcast - Informix 4GL to Genero - Bring your code into the future - Sep 22, 2015
Lester Knutsen
2015-09-20 17:48:24 UTC
Folks,

I will be doing our next webcast, "Informix 4GL to Genero - Bring your code into the future", on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 2:00pm EST.

I am going to take a 4GL application I wrote in 1993, called DBPrivileges, and guide you through the process of converting an Informix 4GL program into a modern application that can be run on Windows, Mac, iPad, Mobile or on the Web. I found an old link to a description of the program DBPrivileges - http://www.informix.com.ua/filtered/msg00006.shtml that someone copied years ago from our web site. I will cover some of the problems with taking very old code and updating it to work with modern compilers.

Genero allows you to take your original 4GL code and bring it into the future with very little change. And it gives you a framework to develop new applications with your existing experienced 4GL developers. After the demo, Stacey Osborn from 4Js will present the options from 4Js for Informix 4GL users.

To Register:
http://advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html

Regards - Lester
Lester Knutsen ***@advancedatatools.com
Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-256-0267 x102
Visit our Web page: http://www.advancedatatools.com
Lester Knutsen