Maybe this helps:
(1) Double-check these environment variables:
INFORMIXDIR points to the path where you installed the CSDK/Connect, ex: C:\Program Files\IBM\Informix\Client-SDK
PATH includes %INFORMIXDIR%\bin at the beginning, ex: C:\Program Files\IBM\Informix\Client-SDK\bin;...;...other PATH dirs
At these levels, on the client machine (where you installed the Informix CSDK/Connect):
- Control Panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Environment Variables (check PATH and INFORMIXDIR at both user and system frames... try to keep one single instance of the environment variable, with the correct value)
- Programs -> Informix Client SDK / Connect -> SetNet32 (in Environment tab, check INFORMIXDIR, and blank INFORMIXSQLHOSTS)
are correctly set with the recommended values above.
(2) At the SetNet32, make sure that you have the Informix server and host settings correct.
(3) Try using the latest Informix CSDK / Connect software: V3.00.TC3 for Windows, that you can download from:
Note: If you decide to go with a default / non-custom installation, on the client machine, then you will have to use the default installation directory. If you use custom installation, you get to decide where to install the CSDK/Connect software. This target directory is the INFORMIXDIR on the client side. So, this directory will be the INFORMIXDIR that you have to configure at different levels in your client machine. So, after reinstalling CSDK/Connect, verify where it is being installed, so you can later go and check and correct values of INFORMIXDIR and PATH (%INFORMIXDIR%\bin) at Control Panel, SetNet32, etc... where they apply.
This Client SDK/Connect 3.00 version, ships IBM Informix ODBC driver 3.0.
(4) Reboot as needed, and retry...
Subject: unspecified error 11355
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 13:37:20 -0800
In attempting to set up an Informix DSN on a Windows 2003 server, I
receive the following message after going through the 'Connection' tab
Unspecified System Error = -11357
Unspecified System Error = -11355
I turned to FindError, but that yielded nothing. A quick search also
came up short on both numbers.
The host is not localhost, it is another machine.
ODBCAD32 shows Informix ODBC Driver Setup Utility 3.33.0000
Any guidance on simply identifying the error would be helpful. Ideas
on how to correct it will win bonus kudos.
Informix-list mailing list
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!